Thetford Golf Club is looking for a visionary Course Manager with the passion and skills to unlock the potential that exists at a course ranked 118 in England by Golf World in 2023.
The right candidate will be an inspirational leader with a proven track record of organising and motivating a professional team, dedicated to the delivery of excellence.
You will have extensive experience and demonstrable knowledge of heathland or links courses and modern greenkeeping practices that you will leverage in the creation and upkeep of a ‘must play’ course, one to be recognised as among the finest in the country.
If this sounds like the opportunity and challenge you are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Key qualities and skils
- Extensive experience and knowledge of greenkeeping on heathland or links courses.
- Knowledge of modern and advancing greenkeeping practices.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in greenkeeping and sports turf management.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certification.
- Qualified CS30 & CS31 chainsaw operator (desirable).
- Experience in a previous similar management role, e.g. Course Manager, Head Greenkeeper, Deputy Course Manager/Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
- The ability to inspire, train, develop and mentor a greenkeeping team to achieve consistently high standards.
- The skills and vision necessary to help shape the development and delivery of an agreed Course Masterplan consistent with the club’s long term goals and aspirations.
- The ability to plan, monitor, evaluate and respond to course performance.
- Practical experience in the operation of all modern turf maintenance machinery (including repair and maintenance).
- Experience of management and maintenance of modern irrigation and sustainable drainage systems. To include servicing, diagnosing faults, repair and correct usage of water.
- Experience of construction on golf courses; including but not limited to tees, bunkers, drainage and pathways.
- Be an able and confident communicator, capable of inspiring strong collaboration within the greenkeeping team, wider club and with external partners.
- An eye for detail. High standards of course quality and presentation. High professional and personal standards
- Good finance knowledge including the preparation, management and control of budgets.
- A proficient user of TurfKeeper, Microsoft Office and other necessary IT packages and systems.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace and on the golf course to ensure compliance throughout the department.
- Flexibility and willing to work outside normal working hours when necessary, including a weekend rota.
- Modern environmental and ecological management practices recognising our location as a SSSI site.
- The ability to play golf and/or show a desire for the game (desirable)
- Full, clean UK driving license.
A negotiable, competitive salary commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate, and in step with BIGGA guidelines. Additional benefits include;
- Opportunity to further knowledge & qualifications funded by the Club
- BIGGA membership
- Full membership of the club and facilities
To apply please send an email including a covering letter highlighting your motivation for the role, relevant experience and skills matched to the key qualities we require and an up to date CV to email@example.com .
If you would prefer to apply by post, please enclose the information in a letter marked 'Private and Confidential' to The Manager, Thetford Golf Club, Brandon Road, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 3NE